Re: A couple of errors encountered in 7.1.3=>7.2.1-2 data migration

От Ray Ontko
Тема Re: A couple of errors encountered in 7.1.3=>7.2.1-2 data migration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom, et al,

> > ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation schedule_notification_log
>
> This is more disturbing.  Can you provide the sequence of commands that
> led up to it?

Here are a few related datapoints.

1) We think that schedule_notification_log is the only table that
we loaded from the dump that had _no_ rows in it.

2) We encountered the same "cannot find attribute" error when doing
something like this:

develop=# create table temp_event as select * from event ;
develop=# \d temp_event
     Table "temp_event"
 Attribute | Type | Modifier
-----------+------+----------

develop=# select count(*) from temp_event ;
ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation temp_event
develop=# drop table temp_event ;
ERROR:  cannot find attribute 1 of relation temp_event

Note that "event" has plenty of rows.  It may be our only table
that includes the INTERVAL datatype.

BTW, How do I get rid of temp_event?

So: Is there something about a table that might cause it to NOT
load correctly?  Is there something about a table that might
cause it to not copy correctly (using create as select * from )?

Ray
Ray Ontko   rayo@ontko.com   Phone 1.765.935.4283   Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.   Software Consulting Services   http://www.ontko.com/