Re: Delete function

От Rajesh Kumar Mallah.
Тема Re: Delete function
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 07 May 2002 03:47 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> I did this but I don't know if is the correct way:
>
> DELETE FROM pg_proc WHERE proname ~ '^sp_';
> DELETE FROM pg_class WHERE relname ~ '^v_';

hmm..

i dont think its safe to fiddle with the system catalogs like that.

There exists SQL commands for that  like
 DROP FUNCTION <function_name>
or  DROP VIEW <view_name>

of course there is a limitation(read advantage) that they do not understand
pattern matches

but it is easy to overcome it using SQL to create a batch of SQL commands.

eg
regression=> \o command.sql
regression=> select 'DROP function  ' || proname  from  pg_proc WHERE proname
~ '^sp_';

then psql -f  command.sql

regds
mallah.

> Ciao Gaetano.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.