Connection to multiple databases

От Bolek Bakowski
Тема Connection to multiple databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hi,

how can I solve following problem:
On a standalone Linux-PC I wish to locate several
databases in the directory ../pgsql/data, viz:

1. readers_DATABASE with about 20 tables
     the readers_TABLE has follwing fields:
         readers_id
         readers_name

2. publication_DATABASE with about 40 tables
     the publication_TABLE has following fields:
         publication_id
         publication_description
         readers_id

3. other_DATABASE
4. ...

Is it possible to make following query:

SELECT publication_description FROM publication_DATABASE.publication_TABLE
WHERE  publication_DATABASE.publication_TABLE.readers_id =
        readers_DATABASE.readers_TABLE.readers_id;

or have I to put all tables in one database.

Thanks
b-bakowski@web.de