Re: Keyword position was: Why does this not work? (keyword 'TEXT')

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Keyword position was: Why does this not work? (keyword 'TEXT')
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 05:35:03PM +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:06:34 +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> >Let me guess, you have capitals in your field names. When you create the
> >table, *don't* put quotes around the field names. Then everything becomes
> >case insenstive.
>
> Good guess But unfortunately I don't have access to the
> source code of my application. But I could try a manual creation
> of the tables.
>
> But thanks anyway. I'm just wondering about an explaination...

Alter Table x alter column y rename to z;

or something like that will solve your problem. If you use double-quotes in
the column name when you create the table, you'll have to use them
everywhere else too...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/