Re: Timestamps and performances problems

От Jean-Christophe ARNU (JX)
Тема Re: Timestamps and performances problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:27:09 -0400
"Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org> me disait que :

> On 10 Apr 2002 at 9:13, JX wrote:
>
> > Le Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:06:55 -0400

> > > Try where timestamp<now() and timestamp>(now() - '1
> > > hour'::interval)::timestemp.
> >
> >     What's the difference with the syntax above? It takes he same time
> >     than the query above. Bounded timestamps with "real" ISO timestamps
> >     strings are always up to about 200 times faster (with extensive test
> >     proof).
>
> It casts the value to a timestamp.  I would prefer to discuss this on-
> list.
    Okaye, but what's the incidence on preformance issues?
    Casting should only insure that given string is to be taken as a timestamp
isn't it? Does it make an "instanciation" of the timestamp to be that would be
applied for comparision clauses?

    Thanks

--
Jean-Christophe ARNU
s/w developer

От: "Dan Langille"
Сообщение: Re: Timestamps and performances problems
От: "Dan Langille"
Сообщение: Re: Timestamps and performances problems