Re: binary data storage

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: binary data storage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jue 04 Abr 2002 06:42, you wrote:
> Hi Marin,
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Marin Dimitrov wrote:
> > search for "large objects" in the Programmer's Guide (
> > http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/#7.2 )
> >
> > in your case Large Objects (chapter 2 from the Programmer's Guide) may be
> > more appropriate than binary strings (chapter 3.4 from the User's Guide)
>
> Thanks alot. Also searched php manual and wrote the following simple code:
>
> <?
>     $conn = Pg_Connect (......);
>     pg_exec ($conn, "begin");
>     $oid = pg_locreate ($conn);
>     echo ("$oid\n");
>     $handle = pg_loopen ($conn, $oid, "w");
>     echo ("$handle\n");
>     pg_loimport ("/etc.tar.gz");
>     pg_lowrite ($handle, "/etc.tar.gz");

This is something that confuses me:
What does pg_loimport do, and what does pg_lowrite do?

>     pg_loclose ($handle);
>     pg_exec ($conn, "commit");
> ?>

Another question I have about using PHP and PostgreSQL Large Objects, is that
in no place there is a reference to where the lo will be stored?

I mean, where will /etc.tar.gz be stored in the Database?

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?