Re: Postgres and Foxbase

От Paul M Foster
Тема Re: Postgres and Foxbase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:53:28AM -0500, David Siebert wrote:

> There is a guy at my office trying to use Postgres with ODBC and Foxbase. He
> is having a terrible time with it. He can not eseem to get it to see the
> data and or views he has created. The ODBC driver seems to work fine with
> access and excel for him but not Foxbase.
> I can not help him because I have no need or want to learn "Foxbase" I will
> stick with Java thank you.
> Any suggestions?

Foxbase was the predecessor to FoxPro. I doubt anything knows how to
talk to Foxbase, it's so old. Now, if you really meant to say FoxPro,
there should be ODBC drivers around for FoxPro. At about version 3 or so
of FoxPro, Microsoft mangled the file format, so you'll have to know
whether it's prior to or later than version 3. If FoxPro ODBC drivers
won't work, try dBase III. The file format is almost identical. However,
the index and memo files are different.

HTH,

Paul