Re: Troubles Starting Postgres

От Derek Neighbors
Тема Re: Troubles Starting Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> PGSTAT tries to bind to 127.0.0.1 to create a loopback UDP path for
> passing statistics data.  Not clear why this would fail unless you
> have some network filtering software in there to prevent it.  Without
> more info about your platform, network config, etc, there's little
> more I can say...

Bad luser no donut.

Seems when i configured this box in /etc/hosts I put

127.0.0.1    computername    localhost (instead of)
127.0.0.1    localhost    computername

Which made 'auto lo' fail in my interfaces file which during debugging got commented out.  Subsequently when the
machinewas rebooted a while back trouble shooting hardware issues lo never restarted.  Networking has been all well and
dandyto the net, but postgres actually wanted localhost.  So problem solved.

aegagrus:/etc/network# ps ax |grep postgres
 8288 pts/0    S      0:00 /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster
 8289 pts/0    S      0:00 postgres: stats buffer process
 8292 pts/0    S      0:00 postgres: stats collector process
aegagrus:/etc/network#

Thank you very much for responding to what was a dumb question.

-Derek