Re: pg_dump max file size exceeded

От Dmitry Morozovsky
Тема Re: pg_dump max file size exceeded
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Rolf Luettecke wrote:

RL> >"Fred Moyer" <fred@digicamp.com> writes:
RL> > ran time pg_dump -c --verbose database > datafile.psql from the command
RL> > line and got a file size limit exceeded.  datafile.psql stopped at 2 gigs.
RL> > any ideas how to exceed that limit?
RL>
RL> Workaround: Pipe output to gzip/bzip2, if compressed file size does not
RL> reach 2 GB limit, or cut output into 2GB-pieces.

... and if it's still does not fit, pipe it further into split(1) ;-)
[though I don't know whether this utility exists in standard Linux
distrib. In BSDs it does.]

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck@rinet.ru ***