Postgres user lost its access

От Peter Schuller
Тема Postgres user lost its access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

suddenly I find that the postgres user no longer has permission to
create new users and databases.

What do I do? :) I haven't fiddled with it at all AFAIK, so I can't
imagine what triggered the problem.

I'm *about* to fiddle though. Any hints on making PostgreSQL secure in a
multi-user environment? I've read stuff about code running inside
PostgreSQL by default; and I've had it allow an arbitrary local user
create and drop databases. Is there an easy way to shut EVERYONE
except the postgres user out of EVERYTHING so that I can selectively
allow what I want to allow?

(And I promise, I wasn't experimenting with the latter when causing the
former :)).

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org