Re: newb: Howto tell if jdbc is compiled-in?

От Thomas O'Dowd
Тема Re: newb: Howto tell if jdbc is compiled-in?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
There is no backend support requirement only a java driver and postgres
open and listing on a port. If you are wondering if you built
the driver when you compiled source, you probably didn't. You would
have probably needed to install Ant aswell as use the configure flag
"--with-java". To look anyway, go to your postgres source build
directory and try "head config.status". You should see the exact
command you used to run configure.

Ie. something like this...

tom> head config.status
# ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-cvs --enable-multibyte --enable-locale --with-java

Also if you built the jar files, try looking for them under

src/interfaces/jdbc/jars

Lastly you can always download the latest stable driver from the web site
which is at

http://jdbc.postgresql.org

This is probably your best option.

Cheers,

Tom.

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:03:17AM -0100, john-paul delaney wrote:

> Hello List...
>
> I installed postgresql 7.1.1 some months ago as the backend to a php webmail.  As it worked as expected, I haven't
doneany more with postgres since (and have forgotten what little I learnt).