Re: pg_dump / pg_upgrade problem

От Simone Tellini
Тема Re: pg_dump / pg_upgrade problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:49:29 -0700
Naomi Walker <nwalker@eldocomp.com> wrote:

NW> My guess is that this will not be hard to fix.  What did you have to
NW> change, exactly, to make it work?  I've got a mixed case dbname.

for database names you just need to find the '\connect dbname user' line
and turn it into '\connect "dbname" user'

For usernames it isn't so simple, as it'll fail later on (when assigning
table owners and stuff, I guess).

The simplest way to restore a db with mixed case usernames is to
change the CREATE USER commands at the top of the dump to lowercase,
restore it and then rename the users (if it's possible).

--

Simone Tellini
E-mail: tellini@areabusiness.it

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump / pg_upgrade problem
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump / pg_upgrade problem