Re: user to database restriction?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: user to database restriction?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Jon August wrote:

> Ok, it looks like the final argument is used to set up realtionships
> between remote unix users to pg users.  So wouldn't that mean that
> ultimately the user would be able to view any database anyway since
> the pg user can view any database?  (aside from revoking privs at the
> table level)
>
> Is there any means of user to database access restriction?

From my 7.2 pg_hba.conf (I don't believe this was changed from 7.1):

#   password:   Authentication is done by matching a password supplied
#               in clear by the host. If no AUTH_ARGUMENT is used, the
#               password is compared with the user's entry in the
#               pg_shadow table.
#
#               If AUTH_ARGUMENT is specified, the username is looked up
#               in that file in the $PGDATA directory. If the username
#               is found but there is no password, the password is looked
#               up in pg_shadow. If a password exists in the file, it is
#               used instead. These secondary files allow fine-grained
#               control over who can access which databases and whether
#               a non-default password is required. The same file can be
#               used in multiple records for easier administration.
#               Password files can be maintained with the pg_passwd(1)
#               utility. Remember, these passwords override pg_shadow
#               passwords.

I believe it lists pg users that are allowed in to the database (and
potentially that they need a special password other than their normal).