Bug^H^H^HMisfeature in the JDBC driver

От M. A. Sridhar
Тема Bug^H^H^HMisfeature in the JDBC driver
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi folks,

I'm using the JDBC 7.2dev driver on PostgreSQL 7.1.3 (under Linux [Red Hat
7.2] if it matters). This morning the driver threw a NullPointerException
when I did a ResultSet.getBinaryStream, and I couldn't explain it. So I
switched my target database to Oracle, and this time I got a much more
informative "ResultSet.next was not called" exception from the Oracle
driver. I screwed up, obviously, and after I fixed my code the problem went
away. All the same, I would have liked the Postgres JDBC driver to not
throw an NPE but tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks for listening.

=====
Sridhar
---