Re: getIndexInfo() fails

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: getIndexInfo() fails
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Matthias,

Try using the latest jar from jdbc.postgresql.org I am pretty sure there
were a lot of changes in that section of the driver.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Matthias Jordan
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 9:24 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] getIndexInfo() fails

Hi, folks!

I try to use the above method in a project to find out whether an index
has to be created or not.

 ResultSet rs = dbInfo.getIndexInfo(null, null, tableName,false, true);

What really drives me nuts is that the ResultSet is always empty. I even
tried it the hard way and nested four for loops that cycled through
possible arguments ( null, "", "%" for the strings and true and false
for the booleans) and even tried to use the indexName instead of the
tableName. Nothing. It also doesn't matter which JDBC version I use
(currently, it's jdbc7.1-1.2.jar for PostgreSQL 7.1.2 and J2SDK1.3). I
double-checked the table name I pass and the table in question really
has an index associated to it (that's what psql says).

Any idea what could go wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
Matthias
--