Re: 7.2 RPMs (Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2rc2 Released)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: 7.2 RPMs (Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2rc2 Released)
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Tuesday 29 January 2002 12:13 am, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html might be a good place to start.

No, it's not a good place to start.  It is an excellent place to start. :-)
Thanks for the pointer.

> > > * You're defining PGLIB in the bash profile.  PGLIB doesn't do

> It's been unnecessary since 7.0.  Beginning with 7.2 it's officially
> useless.

Ok.

> But what's really wrong about it is that if the admin shuts down the
> "official" postgresql service, he inadvertently kills of all users'
> postmasters as well.

True enough.  I'll see if I can't work around it.

> > > * What happened to the contrib handling patch?
> > > * What is going to happen to NLS?

> > It's going to be integrated, if I can remember to apply the patch you
> > sent. I would appreciate patches against the current release as opposed
> > to your personal development spec file.

> Got a point there. ;-)  Updated NLS patch attached.  I'll see about
> updating the contrib patch soon.  Contrib isn't so important, but it'd be
> a shame to ship without NLS.

Ok, which contrib patch was that?  The only patch I hadn't yet added in was
the NLS stuff.  And thanks for the patch against the current released spec
file -- it helps greatly, as I don't have to do the error-prone hand
applications that way.

I do need to survey the contrib stuff more -- but this prerelease set was
mostly to get the rc2 code out to RPM users quickly.  I still have some
cleanup to do in the packaging, as you noticed. ;-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: 7.2 RPMs (Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2rc2 Released)
Сообщение: Re: 7.2 RPMs (Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.2rc2 Released)