Re: INSERT performace.

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: INSERT performace.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 08:10:19PM -0600, Marc Mitchell wrote:
> We have a fresh database and have begun to observe performance degradation
> for INSERTs as a table went from empty to 100,000-ish rows.  Initial
> INSERTs were sub second while after 30k rows, they were 1-3 seconds.

we just hit this problem when moving old database to new one (new
schema).
we had to insert approx. 1.5 million rows, and from initial 0.02s/insert
after several thousands of inserts it came to 20 seconds per insert.
what we did was removing foreign keys from table which we made inserts
to.
it helped. we manage to put 300k records in ca. 2-3 hours.

depesz

--
hubert depesz lubaczewski                          http://www.depesz.pl/
... vows are spoken to be broken ...                 [enjoy the silence]