Re: Count Total on a limited query?

От Wei Weng
Тема Re: Count Total on a limited query?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I don't think an extra count query is that much of a work to the system. A
counting on the indexed column is very fast.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:55:18 +0100
"Koen Antonissen" <Koen@Cee-Kay.net> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I've implemented a couple of search queries, to prevent too many results
> transferring/getting displayed I use a LIMIT. Now I would like to
> display the total numbers found on the query (discarding the limit).
>
> Is this possible in a nice manner?
> I thought up the following:
> 1. Implementing the limit system in PHP
> Con: Too much work for something this elementary
> 2. Executing an extra search query which only counts
> Con: An extra query which feels unnecessary
> 3. Using a subselect which only counts
> Con: although it gives a nice result, and isn't much work, the query
> will be executed for each record and therefore not an option.
>

> I hope this can be done using PostgreSQL.
>
> Thank you,
> Koen Antonissen

Wei Weng
Network Software Engineer
KenCast Inc.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: limiting access to (through) views
Сообщение: Re: limiting access to (through) views