Re: About patches to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 for readline 4.1 & 4.2 in Cygwin

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: About patches to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 for readline 4.1 & 4.2 in Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:31:04AM +0900, Hisaji ONO wrote:
>  Thank you very much, Mr. Tishler.
>
>  I could succeed to compile following codes and install them.

You are very welcome.

> > BTW, what configure option(s) are missing?  If the resulting PostgreSQL
> > builds OOTB, then I will configure the Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.2 package as
> > such when 7.2 is released.
>
>   Sorry, following configure's option for Japanese language.
>
>    ./configure --enable-multibyte=euc_jp

My pre-built PostgreSQL 7.1.3 is configured with '--enable-multibyte'.
I believe that this enables multibyte but defaults to ASCII.  Is that
not sufficient for your needs?  Note that I am very unfamiliar with this
multibyte stuff, so I am probably off-base here.

Jason