Re: About patches to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 for readline 4.1 & 4.2 in Cygwin

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: About patches to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 for readline 4.1 & 4.2 in Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org instead of
sending private email so others can benefit too.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:dEQHAaS05w8C:archives2.us.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2001-09/msg00002.php+cygwin+postgresql+7.1.3+readline+4.2&hl=ja
> this article, you written the following site where compalte patches about
> this problem.
>
>    http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1030331
>
> But I could not access to above site.
>
> Could you tell me any other site where these patches locate?

See attached for the patch.  BTW, PostgreSQL CVS is slightly different
than this patch due an issue on a platform other than Cygwin or Linux
(which were the ones that I tested).

> I know pre-compiled PostgresSQL is available in Cygwin.
>
> But thess binaries were not compiled in multiple language mode. So for
> Japanese like me, above paches are needed,

Another alternative is to download the pre-patch source from any Cygwin
mirror and configure PostgreSQL as required.  For example:

    ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/gnu/gnu-win32/contrib/postgresql/postgresql-7.1.3-1-src.tar.bz2

BTW, what configure option(s) are missing?  If the resulting PostgreSQL
builds OOTB, then I will configure the Cygwin PostgreSQL 7.2 package as
such when 7.2 is released.

Jason

Вложения