Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem
Дата
Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > If you code up a patch, I will test it on my SMP machine using pgbench.
> > Hopefully this will help Tatsuo's 4-way AIX machine too, and Linux.
>
> Attached is a proposed patch (against the current-CVS version of
> lwlock.c).  I haven't committed this yet, but it seems to be a win on
> a single CPU.  Can people try it on multi CPUs?

Your patches seem lightly enhanced 7.2 performance on AIX 5L (still
slower than 7.1, however).

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Constent coding style
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: LWLock contention: I think I understand the problem