Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" said:> > > I think the data directory should be explicitly configured by either the> >
posgresql.conffile, environment variable (PGDATA), or through the command     line> > option, but using the "configure"
statedirisn't anything > > anyone would object too.> > Changing the default data location at this point would imho be a
majorhassl    e> for those actually using the default.> Thus I object to changing it.

The idea is to have the default configuration file location possible to change
at configure time. If whoever compiles PostgreSQL does not specify different
location, I guess /usr/local/pgsql/data will be the default location.

Daniel