Обсуждение: Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how about this:

Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how about this:

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Дата:
> I think the data directory should be explicitly configured by either the
> posgresql.conf file, environment variable (PGDATA), or through the command line
> option, but using the "configure" statedir isn't anything
> anyone would object too.

Changing the default data location at this point would imho be a major hassle
for those actually using the default.
Thus I object to changing it.

Andreas

Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how

От
Daniel Kalchev
Дата:
>>>"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" said:> > > I think the data directory should be explicitly configured by either the> >
posgresql.conffile, environment variable (PGDATA), or through the command     line> > option, but using the "configure"
statedirisn't anything > > anyone would object too.> > Changing the default data location at this point would imho be a
majorhassl    e> for those actually using the default.> Thus I object to changing it.

The idea is to have the default configuration file location possible to change
at configure time. If whoever compiles PostgreSQL does not specify different
location, I guess /usr/local/pgsql/data will be the default location.

Daniel

Re: Thoughts on the location of configuration files, how about this:

От
mlw
Дата:
Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:

> > I think the data directory should be explicitly configured by either the
> > posgresql.conf file, environment variable (PGDATA), or through the command line
> > option, but using the "configure" statedir isn't anything
> > anyone would object too.
>
> Changing the default data location at this point would imho be a major hassle
> for those actually using the default.
> Thus I object to changing it.

The "new" proposed configuration should be 100% backward compatible with
existing scripts.