Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, MindTerm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   senario:
>
>   cursor 1 loop ( e.g. find student id )
>    cursor 2 loop ( e.g. find courses of this student )
>     cursor 3 loop ( e.g. update course information )
>       delele course detail ...
>       or
>       delete course detail ... ( same primary key )
>       insert course detail ... ( same primary key )
>     end loop 3
>    end loop 2
>   end loop 1
>
>   It did 75 delete actions 140 update actions ( delete
> and insert ). The process time was about 5-6 minutes
> while oracle was 10 seconds to 20 seconds .

Can you send the actual function and table schema for the associated
tables and sizes of the tables involved (I figure the data itself is
probably not available, but we may be able to see what's going on then)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction
Сообщение: Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction