Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: performance tuning in large function / transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, MindTerm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I will try to assign more memory to shared memory,
> say 50M ~ 100M .
>
>   I am runing something like that ..
>
>   cursor loop 1
>    cursor loop 2
>     cursor loop 3
>      tmp = primary key
>      delete tmp ....
>      insert tmp ....
>     end loop 3
>    end loop 2
>   end loop 3
>
> will delete and insert record with same primary key
> within a transaction reduce the performance ?

Hmm, that might, is the tmp different for each
combination of 1,2 and 3?  I'm not really sure.
You might also want to watch the backend's memory
usage during the call to see how big it gets just
to make sure there's not something bad happening.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: