Re: Variable Length Binary String (not large)

От Haller Christoph
Тема Re: Variable Length Binary String (not large)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Jonathan,
The data type you're looking for is called 'bytea'.
It's poorly documented in 7.1x.
Also the set of functions supporting this type is small.
I've searched the mailing list for 'binary string' and found
it's planned to bring up a complete set of functions for
'bytea' including the possibility to deal with '\000' bytes.
I'm afraid you'll have to wait until 7.2 is available.
Regards, Christoph

> Hello,
>
>     Can anyone recommend to me the best way to store a variable length
> binary string, that isn't larger than the 8192 byte limit for
> non-large objects??  It seems to me that using BLOBs might be overkill
> with too much complexity.  However, there doesn't seem to be a binary
> string type in postgres that is meant for small binary strings.  I
> have tried to use normal character strings, but it gets screwed up
> because of non-printable characters.  Any suggestions??
>
> thanks,
>
> jon

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: