Re: 7.1.3 not using index

От Daniel Kalchev
Тема Re: 7.1.3 not using index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>Tom Lane said:> > I will rebuild it again, re-initdb and reload the whole database, but this     > > build was on
vanillaBSD/OS 4.2 with the only modifications to add larger > > shared memory support in the kernel (I need to run many
backends).>> I'd wonder more about your compiler than the kernel.  Keep in mind that> no one but you has reported
anythinglike this ... so there's got to be> some fairly specific cause.

Well... the same compiler (machine) happily runs 7.0.3. But see below.
> > PostgreSQL was build with these options> > > ./configure  --enable-locale --with-perl --with-pythos --with-tcl > >
--enable-obdc--with-krb4 --with-openssl --enable-syslog > >
--with-includes=/usr/include/kerberosIV:/usr/contrib/include>> > What I will do try to do now is to
clean/rebuild/installeverything again.     > > Then try to build with --enable-locale only.> > Offhand I would not
expectany of those options to affect anything> happening in the planner, at least not for integer column types.

It did not change anything, when I just

make clean
make
make install

It WORKED however after

make clean
rm config.cache
./configure  --enable-locale --with-perl
make
make install

You will say, that configure had mangled things up... But I then tried:

make clean
rm config.cache
./configure (with the all options)
make
make install

and got the same junk!

Then, I discovered that my configure options had two typos.... corrected these
and now all works!?!?!?!

How is this possible? Why would not configure complain for incorrect options?
> Wild guess: what is configure producing for the ALIGN_xxx macros?> (look in src/include/config.h)  Does it match what
youbelieve about> your hardware?

Looks very reasonable, as far as I can tell:

#define ALIGNOF_SHORT 2
#define ALIGNOF_INT 4
#define ALIGNOF_LONG 4
#define ALIGNOF_LONG_LONG_INT 4
#define ALIGNOF_DOUBLE 4
#define MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF 4

It may turn to be some library trouble...

Daniel