Re: CREATE RULE ON UPDATE/DELETE

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: CREATE RULE ON UPDATE/DELETE
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I have added the following text to the CREATE TRIGGER manual page to
address this issue.  It often confuses people so it is good to point
out:
</para>

> Yes, I agree perfectly... I never thought of that! I would really like it if some more info was added to the docs
regardinginfo on rules and triggers. The section on update rules is quite good, but some more would never hurt. One
pointin the trigger vs rules section which at least to me is very important is the simple fact that you cannot have a
triggeron a select... Ok I understand why - but it took some time...

> Thank you for answering my questions!
>
> regards,
>
> Aasmund.
> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:47:41 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Joel Burton <joel@joelburton.com> writes:
> >

> > Surely you'd need something like
> >
> > CREATE RULE dbl_update AS ON UPDATE TO dbl DO INSTEAD UPDATE raw SET
> > id = NEW.id / 2, name = NEW.name WHERE OLD.id = id * 2;
> >
> > (untested...)
> >
> >             regards, tom lane
>
> Aasmund Midttun Godal
>
> aasmund@godal.com - http://www.godal.com/
> +47 40 45 20 46

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Pennsylvania19026

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Can I CONSTRAIN a particular value to be UNIQUE?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL loops?