Re: Optimize for insertions?

От wsheldah@lexmark.com
Тема Re: Optimize for insertions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

What you probably want to do is export the mysql data into delimited text files
and use Postgresql's COPY command. It's much faster than doing straight
INSERT's.

If you have to do inserts for some reason, it might be helpful to group them
into chunks of N insert operations each, and put each chunk in a transaction.
I'm not sure what a good value for N would be though, and this wouldn't be
nearly as fast as the COPY command in any case.

HTH,

Wes Sheldahl

"Gurupartap Davis" <partap%yahoo.com@interlock.lexmark.com> on 11/26/2001
04:17:00 PM