Re:

От amp
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I found the library.  Mine is in /usr/lib also.  I was looking for a file named libpq, not libpq.a.  I was using the
findcommand.  The locate command worked better.

Also, I did not realize that the linker would assume the prefix "lib" and the suffix ".a".  When I compiled with a
commandlike this:

  gcc -Wall -o test1 test1.c -lpq

it worked!

Thanks for your help!

Andrew

From: John Burski <John.Burski@911ep.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:39:50 -0600

>On my Red Hat system, the library in question ("libpq.a") is located in
>the "/usr/lib" directory.  It's in the same directory on a machine with
>a Slackware distro.  You could assume that it can be found in the
>"/usr/lib" directory, but whenever I look for something on a Linux box I
>like to use the "locate" command.  For example, "locate libpq" returns a
>list of filenames that contain the string "libpq".  The list may be
>considerable, so you might want to pipe the output through your favorite
>paging program (I use "less").
>
>As far as where you might get it if it doesn't exist:
>
>The PostgreSQL rpms that I have on my system are as follows:
>
>    postgresql-perl-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-python-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-tcl-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-devel-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-odbc-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-tk-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-server-7.0.3-2
>    postgresql-test-7.0.3-2
>
>I'm not certain which one the libpq.a is actually resident in, but if I
>had to hazard a guess I'd pick the "devel" rpm.  Check to see which
>rpm's are installed.  I generated my list by running "rpm -qa | grep
>postgres".  Your PostgreSQL version might be different from mine - I'm
>running version 7.0.3 - I don't know which version is included on the
>Red Hat 7.2 distribution.  All of the relevant RPMs should be on your
>distribution CDs somewhere.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>amp wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  I assume this means I should have a file on my system named libpq.  If so, I can't find it. Where should it
belocated?  If I don't have it, where can I get it?  Is there an rpm somewhere that has development libraries?  I have
checkedout the rpms on my redhat cd's and I can't find it there either.

>> Also, should my command look like this?
>>
>>   gcc -Wall -o test1 test1.c -lpq
>>
>> I have the include file. It is in /usr/include/pgsql/libpq-fe.h.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>> Andrew Pierce

>> From: John Burski <John.Burski@911ep.com>
>> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:53:56 -0600
>>
>>> Looks like you're missing the "-lpq" linker reference.
>>>
>>> Also, don't forget to include the "/usr/include/pgsql/libpq-fe.h" file
>>> in your source.  (You know the drill ...  #include <pgsql/libpq-fe.h> )
>>>
>>> Check out the Programmer docs closely, they helped me a lot.
>>>
>>> Best regards,

downloadedall the pdfs for Administration, Programmer, Tutorial, etc.  I am trying to write a simple C program to use
thedatabase I just created.  My command line looks like this: