strange behaviour of gettimeofday() and pg_dump

От Radoslaw Stachowiak
Тема strange behaviour of gettimeofday() and pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Intro data:
1. table with one (from many) columns:
 timestamp       | timestamp with time zone | not null default timeofday()

 used because I need better time resultion than just second provided by
 use of now().
2. pg_dump database > file

now, in such file, there are somtimes (it depends on specific data)
entries like this (only this column): 07:32:60  <- 60 seconds!

and such dump is useless for 'cat file|pgsql database' beacuse psql
refuses such entries.

Looks like that one of them (pg_dump or psql) should be fixed to match
the other. Please look, that column has strict type (timestamp with time zone)

this is postgresql 7.1.3 speaking ;-)

any help/info appreciated.

so far, I just correct this errors by hand before loading db (which
occurs very seldom). BTW, Ive seen entries like: 6:59:60, which are hard
to automated, because the change touches even an hour.

--
radoslaw.stachowiak.........................................http://alter.pl/