Re: Beta going well

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Beta going well
Дата
Re: Beta going well  ("Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@tincan.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 04 November 2001 01:08 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > In the past we've usually targeted a one-month beta cycle, haven't we?
> > Often it took longer, but with so few trouble reports I can't see a
> > justification for suddenly changing the target to ten weeks.

> That was my reading of events.

I am concerned in that I have yet to receive a request for RPMs of the beta.

In previous release cycles, those requests have come hot and heavy shortly
after the beta announcements. Unless the interest in RPM has drastically
reduced in the last couple of months, my gut feel is that our beta1 has had
very little exposure outside this list -- and the netizens of this list
aren't typically RPM addicts.

I have not had time in the past couple of weeks to do much with them, though.
Looking for a break in the action this week, hopefully.

I would, however, guard against rushing a release -- we _do_ have a 'solid
release' reputation to protect.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio