problems installing

От Daniel Bautista
Тема problems installing
Дата
Re: problems installing  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi!

I have installed PostgreSQL 7.1.3, but I am having
problems when I try to do "initdb".
I have two partitions: one in /, which has the Linux
SO and is full (no space available), and one in
/usr/local, which has 16 GB free. When I type
"./initdb --pgdata=/usr/local/postgres/data" or
"./initdb -D ..." (in /usr/local/pgsql) the next error
appears:

"[...]
 Creating systems views.
 cat: write error: No space left on device
 cat: write error: No space left on device
 Setting lastsysoid.
 Vacuumind database.
 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: line 635: 475 Done
 echo "VACUUM ANALYZE"
 476 Segmentation fault | "$GPATH"/postgres $PGSQL_OPT
template1 >/dev/null

 initdb failed.
 Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.405."

I have created an user "postgres" with access to all
these directories, and I've made "su postgres".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.