Re: Problem with database: FATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Problem with database: FATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24
Дата
Re: Problem with database: FATAL 1: cannot find attribute 24
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 08:23:57PM -0700, Tauren Mills wrote:
> We are getting this error message whenever we try to connect using psql, the
> \c command in psql, the pg_dump command, the vacuum command, or the JDBC
> driver:
>
> FATAL 1:  cannot find attribute 24 of relation ^MA

Looks like corruption.

An idea. Kill off the postmaster, then start postgres directly from the
command line (I beleive it's just ./postgres [dbname]). That should get you
in because i think it's one of the queries psql sends on startup that fouls
up.

Anyway, once you have a prompt, type:

select * from pg_class;

and

select * from pg_attribute where attnum = 24;

Look for corruption and other strange data.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/
> Magnetism, electricity and motion are like a three-for-two special offer:
> if you have two of them, the third one comes free.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Where do they find the time??? Great Bridge
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Where do they find the time??? Great