Re: Index location patch for review

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Re: Index location patch for review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I agree that groups of objects in separate data storage areas are needed
and that is what I am trying to get to.  Don't you think that Postgresql
with locations/files is the same as Oracle tablespaces.  I don't think
we want to invent our own filesystem (which is what a tablespace really
is...).

Jim

> > > Attached is a patch that adds support for specifying a
> > > location  for indexes via the "create database" command.
> > >
> > > I believe this patch is complete, but it is my first .
> >
> > This patch allows index locations to be specified as
> > different from data locations. Is this a feature direction
> > we want to go in?  Comments?
>
> The more general and "standard" way to go are TABLESPACEs.
> But probably proposed feature will be compatible with
> tablespaces, when we'll got them: we could use new "create
> database" syntax to specify default tablespace for indices.
> Unfortunately I removed message with patch, can you send it
> to me, Bruce?
>
> Vadim

Сообщение: Re: Index location patch for review
Сообщение: Re: Index location patch for review