Re: Installation location of Perl and Python modules

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Installation location of Perl and Python modules
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 11 September 2001 04:51 pm, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> #2 sounds like the closest to what I need for building the Debian package,
> which is to install to $(DESTDIR)/usr/lib/perl5 in such a way that it will
> work fine when $(DESTDIR) is copied to /. I also want the man page under
> $(DESTDIR)/usr/share/man.  So the package ends up like this:

> but has been built under $(DESTDIR).

> I have to do a bit of tweaking at the moment to get it right.

You and me both...

Currently, the RPATH setting deal is the hardest to deal with, thanks to
MakeMaker.  And that is one of the hardest parts of all this -- MakeMaker has
its own deals.  So editing the generated Makefile to change the LD_RUN_PATH
is necessary.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio