Re: Abort state on duplicated PKey in transactions

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Abort state on duplicated PKey in transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:29:45PM -0500, Haroldo Stenger wrote:
> I'm aware that savepoints and nested transactions will be implemented in
> future versions, but how to solve the problem before that starts
> working?

The usual way is to generate your primarys keys from a sequence. Then you
never get duplicate values and so the inserts never fail.

This may not apply in your situation...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/
> Magnetism, electricity and motion are like a three-for-two special offer:
> if you have two of them, the third one comes free.

Сообщение: Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space
Сообщение: Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space