Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space

От Tod McQuillin
Тема Re: Problem w/ dumping huge table and no disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7 Sep 2001, Calvin Dodge wrote:

> You could even do:
>
> pg_dump mydatabase|gzip -c|ssh othersystem.com 'gunzip -c |psql
> mydatabase'

This is getting off topic, but I just thought I'd mention that

pg_dump mydatabase | ssh -C othersystem.com 'psql mydatabase'

does effectively the same thing as the above and saves you process
creation overhead on both systems.
--
Tod McQuillin