Re: Escaping strings for inclusion into SQL queries

От Christopher Masto
Тема Re: Escaping strings for inclusion into SQL queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 05:16:44PM +0000, Florian Weimer wrote:
> We therefore suggest that a string escaping function is included in a
> future version of PostgreSQL and libpq.  A sample implementation is
> provided below, along with documentation.

I use Perl, which (through DBD::Pg) has a "quote" function available,
but I think this is a very good idea to include in the library.

I only have one issue - the SQL standard seems to support the use
of '' to escape a single quote, but not \'.  Though PostgreSQL has
an extended notion of character string literals, I think that the
usual policy of using the standard interface when possible should
apply.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/