Re: List response time...

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List response time...
Дата
Re: List response time...
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 August 2001 12:59, Serguei Mokhov wrote:
> > Looking at my message about the bug webpage and
> > some other posts, I see that it was delayed for
> > about 2h and a half. Some of the post were
> > delayed for days... Why is that? Looks like
> > the list has problems of some sort which cause
> > these irregular delays.
>
> Mailing lists don't scale well to large numbers of subscribers.  I see this
> delay constantly,on multiple lists.  The bigger the list gets, the slower the
> list gets (and the more loaded the server gets, right Marc? :-)).  Newsgroups

Actually, the 'multi-day' delay is generally related to posts from ppl
that aren't subscribed to the lists that I have to approve manually ...

.. as far as server load is concerned, causing several hour delay, we're
just about to put online a dual processor server that has been donated to
the project ... its first task is going to be mailing list distribution
and a open news server for the newsgroups.