Re: pg_depend

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_depend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > > I'm not seeing the point.  You're essentially duplicating the information
> > > that's already available in the system catalogs.  This is bound to become
> > > a catastrophe the minute a user steps in and does manual surgery on some
> > > catalog.  (And yes, manual surgery should still be possible.)
> >
> > But how then do you find the system table that uses the given oid?
>
> It's implied by the column you're looking at.

Is it?  Are we going to record dependency both ways, e.g primary table
-> foreign table and foreign table -> primary table, or just one of
them.  And when we see we depend on something, do we know always what it
could be.  If I drop a table and I depend on oid XXX, do I know if that
is a type, function, or serial sequence?

Pennsylvania19026