Re: REFRENTIAL INTEGRITY CHECKING

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: REFRENTIAL INTEGRITY CHECKING
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
--- Sudheer  Palaparambil <p_sudheers@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    How do we avoid referential integrity (FOREIGN
> KEY) checking till commit. My pgsql server
> is checking it as soon as I am issueing an INSERT
> command. Pls help.

When you define the constraint, set it as INITIALLY
DEFERRED (or if you only sometimes want it to defer,
set it as DEFERRABLE and use SET CONSTRAINTS to change
the mode)
However, there are some problems with the deferred ri
right now if you modify the same key more than once in
a transaction -- I'm hoping to get a chance to fix
that for 7.2.  For now, you have to be careful.