Re: Re: pg_dump dumps views as tables???

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: Re: pg_dump dumps views as tables???
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
If you look farther down that same dump, you'll see a CREATE RULE
that looks something like:

CREATE RULE AS ON SELECT

CREATE RULE "_RETincluded_works" AS ON SELECT TO "included_works" DO
INSTEAD SELECT "works"."uuid", "works"."title" as "lhs" [...]

In other words, pg_dump, especially before 7.1, exposes the details of
how views are implemented, rather than recreating the SQL you wrote to
create the schema.

Ross