Re: VACUUM FULL

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 13 May 2002 at 8:20, Brian McCane wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2002, Dan Langille wrote:
>

> > On 12 May 2002 at 12:49, Brian McCane wrote:
> >
> > > I am on FreeBSD 5.0.
> >
> > There is a reason why you must be on 5.0?  That is not recommended for
> > "sane" people.
> >
> > 5.0 is -current and not the best place to be running important
> > applications  At present 5.0 is -current, which is the version which
> > changes daily.  It's really only for people who are developing FreeBSD.
> > It frequently contains works in progress and experimental changes.

> Trust me, I am fully aware of this :)  I have been running BSD on my
> machine Since Bill and his wife announed the release of 386BSD 0.1 in an
> article in (I think) Dr. Dobbs.  I tend to pick and choose my times when I
> upgrade my OS, and the version I am now running is several months old.
> When I see a new feature I like/need, and have seen no major complaints in
> a while, I back up a week and grab a copy.  Unfortunately, it has been a
> while since I have been able to do this.

You are clearly qualified.... ;)

Too frequently we see people who jump into -current not knowing what they
are getting into.

Personally, I have too many other things to do to attempt -current.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples

От: Jodi Kanter
Сообщение: upgrade?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: help me out on installation!!!