Default shared memory SGML mention

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Default shared memory SGML mention
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
I am looking over the shared memory SGML files, and found that on my
BSD/OS system, I get as the following default shared memory size:

m       131072      5432001 --rw------- postgres     user postgres
user      1 1236992  10622  10622 12:11:14 12:11:15 12:11:14

            ^^^^^^^

I have highlighted the size.  If I subtract the default shared memory
buffers, I get:

    1236992 - 8192 * 64

    712704

so by my computations, we need about 700k added to the shared buffer
cache area.  The documentation says to add 512k, not 700k.  My guess is
that the non-cached shared memory area has increased in a recent
release, and docs were not updated.  I will bump up the SGML mention to
700k unless someone shows a lower default shared memory size.