Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres

От Jeff Duffy
Тема Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 16:30:43 -0400, Fran Fabrizio alluded:

>  Hello,
>
>  It seems that there should be a way to install the DBD Pg module without
>  having to install postgres on the local machine.  I tried installing
>  just the libs rpm, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  I've done some
>  usenet and mailing list archive searches, but all the info I'm turning
>  up appears geared towards the assumption that you also want postgres
>  installed locally.  Am I looking in the wrong places?

 There really isn't any reason to do so. If you're looking to have many
machines connect to a single PostgreSQL database, take a look at DBI::Proxy.
It is designed to allow you to connect to databases that have libraries
linked into the DBD::* executables without needing the libraries on the local
box (this is very nice for avoiding the Oracle client library installs as
well).

Jeff