find position of an special entry in a select-result

От Peter Pilsl
Тема find position of an special entry in a select-result
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I perform a complex select-operation on a database with 10.000 entries
and with various Where-clauses I get 200 results. Now I want to get
the position of one special entry (identified by its OID) in this
selection.

Background: The user can fully customize a query in an online-database
(sort by, search, entries per page ...). When he adds a new entry to
that database the application should automatically show exact the page
where the new entry is displayed.

thnx,
peter

--