Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres

От Michelle Murrain
Тема Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 23 April 2001 06:04 pm, Lamar Owen wrote:
> Fran Fabrizio wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > It seems that there should be a way to install the DBD Pg module without
> > having to install postgres on the local machine.  I tried installing
> > just the libs rpm, but that didn't seem to do the trick.  I've done some
>
> What's the dependencies for the DBD::Pg RPM?  Satisfy those
> dependencies, and properly set up for client-server communications with
> a postgresql server, and it _should_ just _work_.

I don't know a lot of detail about how DBD::Pg works, but I do know that
during installation (whether from tarball or CPAN, which I think is the best
way to install perl modules), it requires the path of your postgres libraries
and includes - so I guess it depends on a postgres installation on the local
machine.

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?

Michelle
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President
Norwottuck Technology Resources