Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres

От John Madden
Тема Re: installing DBD::Pg without installing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I don't know a lot of detail about how DBD::Pg works, but I do know that
> during installation (whether from tarball or CPAN, which I think is the
> best way to install perl modules), it requires the path of your postgres
> libraries and includes - so I guess it depends on a postgres
> installation on the local machine.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?

Well, one thing (that I can think of) would be to have multiple webservers
(without postgres) connecting to a central DB server.  I would've run into
this in a couple of weeks, actually, so I'm glad someone else found out
about it first. :)

I think functionality to retrieve the necessary libs ought to be built
into the installation of DBD::Pg to facilitate just such a situation...

John

--
# John Madden  weez@freelists.org ICQ: 2EB9EA