Re: Connecting via perl gives "root" does not exist

От selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov
Тема Re: Connecting via perl gives "root" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> use Pg;
>     $conn = Pg::connectdb("dbname=tasbill");
>     $res  = $conn->exec("SELECT * from cust");
>     while (@row = $res->fetchrow) {
>         print join(" ", @row);
>     }
>

> Works fine if I log in as 'postgres' before executing script, but fails if
> logged in as any other user. I'm using the default pg_hba.conf file, which I
> thought would allow local users to connect to any database:
>
> local        all                                           trust
> host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255     trust
>
> What am I missing??

Either one or both of following:

1. Use proper user name in connectdb() call

2. Run 'createuser <username>' on the server side, where <username>
belongs to the user running the client script.

pg_hba.conf decides what hosts can connect and *how* to authenticate
users names. It does not control user access. That's what createuser
and GRANT queries are for.

--Gene